[Shaku] new Blasdel CDs

From: Karl Signell (signell@cpcug.org)
Date: Wed May 05 2004 - 15:48:31 PDT

Forwarded to the list with permission of the artist:
Dear Friends,

Please excuse the mass mailing, but I want to announce the release of my new
solo album, "Visionary Tones" from the newly created label, Bright One
Records.

  This 2 CD set contains four shakuhachi solo pieces from the lofty
Honkyoku traditional repertory, performed in the Kinko Style, and two
contemporary shakuhachi solo works. The interpretation of these traditional
solo works follow the instruction of my teacher, the late master, Goro
Yamaguchi. Kinko honkyoku are highly sophisticated with complex
ornamentation and take years to master. I feel, after having studied
shakuhachi for 32 years (27 of them under Yamaguchi), finally able to do
them justice and am fortunate to have found a record label, Bright One,
willing to put them out into the world.

The contemporary works are by two of Japan's most innovative and respected
contemporary composers, Hirose Ryohei and Takahashi Yuji. Their works are
deeply influenced and informed by the traditional honkyoku, and their works
are included in this album to show how the spirit of the shakuhachi remains
alive from the past to the present.

I will be doing an informal concert at a Live House in Roppongi to
commemorate the release of this album, or, if you are interested you may
order this album directly from me. Please mail, fax or call.

Thanks and I hope you enjoy the music.

Visionary Tones Traditional and Contemporary Kinko Style Shakuhachi Music
by Christopher Yohmei Blasdel

Bright One Records (BOCH 0001)(2 CD set)

Cost 3000 yen (tax included, 300 yen shipping cost for in Japan)

For US customers, I will accept a
check for US$27 plus $6 shipping, sent to my address:

No. 409, 3-17-21 Kugayama, Suginami-ku, Tokyo, 168-0082, JAPAN

Japanese customers: Please contact Christopher Yohmei Blasdel,
Yohmei@gol.com, Fax:
03-3332-6013, Tel: 03-3332-6013. I will send the CD with a postal money
transfer form.

Contents:

CD 1:
Soukaku Reibo (Song of the Cranes)
Yuugure no Kyoku (Evening Song)
Shigure, Kagerou, Katsuragi (Takahashi Yuji)

CD 2:
Sagariha no Kyoku (Song of the Falling Leaves)
Tsuki no Kyoku (Song of the Moon)
Byoh (Hirose Ryohei)

VISIONARY TONES Commemorative Concert
Time: May 23 (Sunday), 5:00 PM.
Sponsor: Bright One records
Place: Abbey Road
TEL 03-3402-0017
4-11-5 B1 Roppongi, Minato-ku

Map at http://www.becgroup.co.jp/abbey/system/abbeymap.htm
Admission: 2000Y Including tax and one drink