[Shaku] Yue

From: macshute2@aol.com
Date: Sun May 09 2004 - 09:11:03 PDT

--part1_1d8.20f89342.2dcfb217_boundary

Hi Riley, all
Thanks for the info on the Chinese bone flutes. I was just introduced to the
California flute used by California natives long ago. Knowledge of these was
almost completely lost. The one I was given is a hallowed branch (large pith
removed) the length from the tip of the thumb to the stretched tip of the
little finger with six hole in the middle. It is played obliquely blowing across
either end much like the bone flutes.
   Malcolm

--part1_1d8.20f89342.2dcfb217_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=
=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Hi Riley, all<BR>
Thanks for the info on the Chinese bone flutes.&nbsp; I was just introduced=20=
to the California flute used by California natives long ago.&nbsp; Knowledge=
 of these was almost completely lost.&nbsp; The one I was given is a hallowe=
d branch (large pith removed) the length from the tip of the thumb to the st=
retched tip of the little finger with six hole in the middle.&nbsp; It is pl=
ayed obliquely blowing across either end much like the bone flutes.<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Malcolm</FONT></HTML>

--part1_1d8.20f89342.2dcfb217_boundary--