Re: [Shaku] Shakuhachi practice & Buddhism

From: Phil James (nyokai@nyokai.com)
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 11:05:40 PDT

One of my favorite Buddhist texts is the Lesser M
[]
aluna
[]
kya
[]
putta Sutta, translated back in the early 20th century as "Questions Which
Tend Not To Edification." The Buddha was very practical, and I have no
doubt that had he been familiar with shakuhachi he would have added this to
his list of questions which tend not to edification and simply advised "go
practice!"