Re: [Shaku] Re: shakuhachi V1 #601

From: KYOSEI1@aol.com
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 07:43:39 PDT

-------------------------------1084977819

To the Zen practitioner, everything is dharma, there is nothing outside of
dharma. To be a Buddhist is to be a Buddhist. You don't become a Buddhist by
doing anything other than knowing you are a Buddhist. To explore this idea I
would take a look at John Daido Lori Roshi's book about the "Jukai" ceremony. The
title of the book is "The Heart Of Being." The "Jukai" ceremony happens when a
Zen student requests it from his teacher and is given approval to begin
study. I was given my Buddhist name in this ceremony.

But you need not be so formal, just know that in your heart of hearts you are
Buddhist, after you understand the basic teachings (a teacher would be a
great help). If you are a Buddhist you will not need to ask the question, "Am I a
Buddhist if............."

Many bows,

In Gassho,

Kyosei

-------------------------------1084977819

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>To the Zen practitioner, everything is dharma, there is nothing outside=
 of dharma. To be a Buddhist is to be a Buddhist. You don't become a Buddhis=
t by doing anything other than knowing you are a Buddhist. To explore this i=
dea I would take a look at John Daido Lori Roshi's book about&nbsp;the "Juka=
i" ceremony. The title of the book is&nbsp;"The Heart Of Being." The "Jukai"=
 ceremony happens when a Zen student requests it from his teacher and is giv=
en approval to begin study. I was given my Buddhist name in this ceremony. <=
/DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>But you need not be so formal, just&nbsp;know that in your heart of hea=
rts you are Buddhist, after you understand the basic teachings (a teacher wo=
uld be a great help). If you&nbsp;are a Buddhist you will not need to ask th=
e question, "Am I a Buddhist if............."</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Many bows,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>In Gassho,</DIV>