[Shaku] November Steps Presentation

From: Kiku Day (kikuescargot@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 08:55:02 PDT

Hi fellow shakuhachi players.

Sorry my recent postings have all been self-promotion, which I'm usually=20
pretty bad at.

But if any of you are in England, perhaps my presentation at 'Exploring E=
ast=20
Asia Conference' at Durham University would interest you. My paper is a=20
socil-political analysis of Takemitsu Toru's November Steps. The conferen=
ce=20
is on the 9th of July. The link is:

http://www.durham.ac.uk/p.r.dimelow/ExploringEastAsia.htm.

And apologies for anyone who looked at the webpage to Instants Chavires i=
n=20
Paris. For some reason my duo partner Pascal Marzan sent me a link to the=
=20
wrong venue. We played in Marchand de Sable, a nive gallery in a great ar=
ea.=20
We wer joined by Andra Vigh on hurdy gurdy. What a great instrument!

Anyway, hope you are all enjoying summer (except for you guys down under).

Kiku