[Shaku] Forest CD - sasaki?

From: Paul Cohen (paulcohen@ozemail.com.au)
Date: Wed Jun 23 2004 - 23:01:00 PDT

Hi,
Does anybody know more info about a player called Sozan Sasaki?

My first shakuhachi album was bought in 95 on a whim browsing through
the world music section in Shibuya Tower records when I was living in
Tokyo.
It has a cover photo that is a great wide angle shot of a nice green
bamboo forest, and I think the tracks are Minyo pieces played against
forest ambience (running streams etc - not sure if recorded natural or
studio mixed). I'm sure one of the pieces is Esashi Oiwake.

Mejiro have a CD "Minyo Shakuhachi Collection Esashi Oiwake" by Sozan
Sasaki on http://www.mejiro-jp.com/eng/cdframe.html , but I think it's a
different one.

Would be interested in finding out more. Great player.

Thanks,
paul