[Shaku] Peter Hill in LA, July 11.

From: Bruce Jones (bjones@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 05 2004 - 07:41:26 PDT

Peter Hill will be in LA for one day, Sunday 7/11 and we're organizing
an afternoon gathering for players in Southern California. He will
have over 30 shakuhachi with him, ranging from older flutes suitable
for beginning and intermediate players up to concert-quality
instruments both old and new. This will also be a chance to meet
and hear a world-class, non-Japanese shakuhachi player.

Time permitting, Peter may be available for private lessons.

We have no firm plans as yet. This is a fishing expedition to see
how many people might be interested in participating. Once we get
an estimate, we'll settle on a place, somewhere in the central LA
metro area.

If you think you might be available, please respond to me, off
list, at bjones@ucsd.edu

bj

-