[Shaku] shakuhachi workshop in Staten Island

From: Perry Yung (yungflutes@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jul 10 2004 - 19:42:03 PDT

Greetings all,

Just wanted to let you know I've been invited to do a
shakuhachi workshop on August 1st at the Tibetan
Museum in Staten Island, NY. Please visit the website
for info.
=A0
http://www.tibetanmuseum.com

I'll play Kumiojishi and Choshi, talk a bit about my
experience in Japan, and lead a simple hands on
shakuhachi making workshop. It's fun for the entire
family PLUS you get to leave with your very own
self-made shakuhachi! I'll decide whether to use
bamboo or PVC depending upon the participants. If I
decide on bamboo, It'll be non-root Hocckiku style
because of the time constraint.
Please RSVP to the telephone number at the
museum,=A0718-987-3500, so I can prepare the material.

You can also contact me directly for more info.

Last bit, my theater group, SLANT, will debut a new
performance piece with shakuhachi at the Fourth Annual
Shakuhachi Festival in NYC on July 29th. I hear there
may be a few spots left for registration.=20
http://www.bigappleshak.com

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Arigato gozaimasu,
 Perry

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
"He is fast becoming one of the few Americans who make and repair shakuha=
chi" - Ronnie Nyogetsu Seldin, Grandmaster
http://www.yungflutes.com
"Three extremely talented young Asian American men." - New York Times
http://www.slantperformancegroup.com

        =09