Re: [Shaku] Trigger finger---HELP!!

From: Morris M. Keesan (keesan@alum.bu.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 12 2004 - 16:39:32 PDT

At 11:49 AM 7/12/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>Has anyone developed trigger finger from playing the shakuhachi?
>If so what did you do to resolve it?

My trigger finger hit me before I ever started playing shakuhachi. I don't
know what caused it -- it may have been stress from the straps of
cross-country ski poles, it may have been the new octave mandolin I had
gotten not long before, or computer use, or it may have been something
totally different. For me, one cortisone injection resolved the problem;
it recurred about a year later, but after the second injection I haven't
had any trouble. This was 15 or more years ago.

--
Morris M. Keesan - keesan@alum.bu.edu (Note new email address)