[Shaku] Shakuhachi Temples?

From: Justin . (justinasia@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jul 17 2004 - 21:49:58 PDT

Hi everyone,
My name is Justin. I am a new shakuhachi student. So,
now I am in Japan, and I was wondering if anyone knows
nice places in the countryside where there might be
nice players of shakuhachi/hochiku. I`m sure I heard
about a temple somewhere where people play (the monks
I guess). So any temple like that would sound nice to
me. I also heard that there are places in Japan where
there are natural forests, like maybe beech forests in
the north for example? That would be so nice to be
there, but I`m on a bit of a shakuhachi mission, so if
any of you know nice players in that sort of area, I`d
love to hear about it!
 Lastly, there is a chance I will go to Ishigaki in
Okinawa. Are there any teachers there?
 Thanks, and best wishes
 Justin.