Re: [Shaku] Reply to Brian

From: MDELACY@aol.com
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 07:05:44 PDT

--part1_5b.54a26c9b.2e390cb8_boundary

Rob, regardless of what anyone calls the instrument, I want to thank you for
sharing your thoughts on the value of the shakuhachi. As a relatively new
player, I found your words to be very encouraging. As the time and money that I
put into playing the shakuhachi mounts, I've questioned whether I should be
doing this, given the other demands on my life and resources. Like you, my income
is unrelated to playing music, so your beautifully stated defense of the
shakuhachi's cost in terms of its positive effect in your life was the kind of
reassurance I needed to hear. That level of return on an investment is priceless!

Thanks again for sharing!
Marceil

--part1_5b.54a26c9b.2e390cb8_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=
=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Rob, regardless of what anyone call=
s the instrument, I want to thank you for sharing your thoughts on the value=
 of the shakuhachi. As a relatively new player, I found your words to be ver=
y encouraging. As the time and money that I put into playing the shakuhachi=20=
mounts, I've questioned whether I should be doing this, given the other dema=
nds on my life and resources. Like you, my income is unrelated to playing mu=
sic, so your beautifully stated defense of the shakuhachi's cost in terms of=
 its positive effect in your life was the kind of reassurance I needed to he=
ar. That level of return on an investment is priceless!<BR>
<BR>
Thanks again for sharing!<BR>
Marceil<BR>
</FONT></HTML>