Re: [Shaku] urushi problems

From: Peter Ross (peteross@cloudhandsmusic.com)
Date: Tue Aug 03 2004 - 08:53:33 PDT

>Stan,

You might want to try washing the bore of the flute with soap and
water several times. You can use Castille/Dr. Bronner's soap or
maybe even use Technu soap. It won't hurt the flute to get wet. It
will turn dark, but that will quickly fade as it dries. Don't oil
the flute as that will keep in the water. After several washings
you can apply a very thin coat of oil to the bore. You might also
try not playing the flute for several months. The urushi is dry,
just not cured. That can take up to one year.

Peter

--
Peter Ross
http://www.cloudhandsmusic.com