Re: [Shaku] urushi problems

From: Bill Fletcher (bill@scienceandart.com)
Date: Tue Aug 03 2004 - 09:30:49 PDT

Stan,

I second all Peter's recommendations and add:

Be sure to wash the outside very well also. In theory, there is not=20
urushi on the outside, yet we get it on our hands. The maker has=20
handled the flute and transfered some to the outside.

Also, be sure to clean the utaguchi cap also since urushi gets=20
transfered there too. Technu is basically the resin dissolving=20
solvents of paint thinner so it might be worth doing a soap and water=20
treatment and a Technu treatment.

Good Luck,

Bill