[Shaku] Chidori no Kyoku "play along" CD

From: Bruce Jones (bjones@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 07 2004 - 09:29:55 PDT

My teacher, Masa Yoshizawa, and his koto player, Hiromi Hashibe,
recently put together a CD of Chidori no Kyoku for their students.
On the CD they split the piece into various parts so that the
student (koto or shakuhachi) can practice the piece as a duet
without having to find a partner.

The CD contains a short narrative about the music in Japanese (I
gotta talk to him about that), the tuning for the koto, and various
bits of Chidori no Kyoku itself:

        Regarding the music 0:51
        Koto tuning 1:25
        Koto honte & voice 14:08
        Koto Kaete from
          chidori no bu 2:38
        Shakuhchi solo 14:08
        Shakuhachi
          with Koto kaete 2:43
        All parts 14:07

They intend to also make similar CDs for Rokudan and Yugao.

They originally intended to just make a few copies for their
respective students. I suggested that other people might find the
CD useful and be willing to buy copies for their own practice.

So, I'm curious. How many of you folks might be interested in
this CD? If there's sufficient interest, I'll see to it that
they're made available.

bj

p.s. for more about Yoshizawa and Hashibe visit http://kokingumi.com

-