Re: [Shaku] Chidori no Kyoku "play along" CD

From: James Jennings (jennings@megaseattle.com)
Date: Sat Aug 07 2004 - 17:05:24 PDT

At 9:29 AM -0700 8/7/04, Bruce Jones wrote:
>My teacher, Masa Yoshizawa, and his koto player, Hiromi Hashibe,
>recently put together a CD of Chidori no Kyoku for their students.

I've seen something similar. It was an old (probably out of print)
cassette tape series with highly regarded players playing both Kinko
and Tozan versions of lots of classics, including Chidori and
Rokudan. A nice wrinkle (you may consider this a suggestion) was that
they separated the shakuhachi and koto between the left and right
stereo channels, so you could get "music minus one" by twisting the
balance knob.

>So, I'm curious. How many of you folks might be interested in
>this CD? If there's sufficient interest, I'll see to it that
>they're made available.

I probably have enough recordings of Chidori (I started looking two
years ago.) but if it were relatively inexpensive I'd probably get
this as well.

James