Re: [Shaku] Watazumi

From: Justin . (justinasia@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Aug 08 2004 - 03:58:09 PDT

Hi Alvin,
I think that is the first album of his I heard. The
first half is minyo, right? And it`s really low volume
until about half way through. The information on the
sleeve didn`t even mention Watazumi`s name if I
remember correctly. So, are you sure the first half
was not him? Who was it then? It was certainly
excellant in my view. That was the really wild stuff I
was refering to.=81@Anyway Watazumi did play flutes
other than Shakuhachi right, and minyo stuff right?
=81@So how about Watazumi`s students. That`s something I
never hear about, except for Yokoyama. But surely he
had other students. Anyone have any connections? And
on that topic, is anyone familiar with the scene of
shakuhachi teachers in Kyoto? (Koten Honkyoku=81j=81B=81@
=81@Best wishes=81@
=81@Justin.
=81@

--- Alcvin Ramos <ramos@dccnet.com> wrote:

> When I first heard Watazumi-doso on a CD about 10
> years ago, I did not=20
> like his sound at all. Perhaps it was very low
> quality recording of=20
> that album put out by Legacy International: The Art
> of the Japanese=20
> Bamboo Flute. Actually half that album is not even
> Watazumi-do playing!=20

        =09