Re: [Shaku] Watazumi

From: Justin . (justinasia@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Aug 08 2004 - 04:30:53 PDT

> =20
> If you have read his dicertation given to shakuhachi
> players here in the US =20
> in the 1980's (I believe, could be wrong!), he gives
> his philosophy of=20
> playing.=20

Is that available? On the net, or printed?

 Very interesting reading. Very aggressive
> flute player. One of the=20
> selections he played actually shattered the flute
> during the performance.
> =20
> Watazumi's sound is like calamari, you have to
> develope a taste for it.

I loved calamari the first time I tasted it.
So Dave, do you know about whether the album we were
talking about was Watazumi=81@not for the minyo?

Great that you are playing hochiku. Did someone teach
you, or are you just playing your normal shakuhachi
stuff on the hochiku?
 Justin.

        =09