Re: [Shaku] Watazumi

From: Justin . (justinasia@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Aug 08 2004 - 18:47:52 PDT

I have just looked at that scan, and what struck me
was that the flutes are left handed, or at least, for
using with the right hand at the top. So I went to
Komuso.com to see pictures of Watazumi. In all the
pictures I could see of the album covers, he is indeed
playing that way, except on the cover of
"Watazumido-so Roshi" where he is playing with his
left hand at the top. I wonder if that was the cover
artist flipping the negative, or if it means that he
played both ways? And does anyone know, was Watazumi
left-handed? I ask this because I heard that at one
point Yokoyama switched to using his right hand at the
top, so his thumb was quicker. i wonder if that was
Watazumi`s reason? Maybe that`s where Yokoyama got the
idea?
 Justin.