Re: [Shaku] Survey Report

From: Reg Tanaban (reg418@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 19 2004 - 14:47:03 PDT

Yes, there is a problem, sorry. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I use Hotm=
ail=20
and anything over tens of KBs just adds up. You'd think people would be a=
ble=20
to send links, or at least offer to send attachments to those who request=
=20
them. My understanding was that the moderator's policy was to have no=20
attachments. Evidently this is not true, or not enforced, which means the=
=20
same thing. I'm sorry but it seems like basic netiquette to not send larg=
e=20
files to a large and anonymous public, like a news list. It's like crammi=
ng=20
all your neighbors' mailboxes with a phone book, preventing other mail fr=
om=20
coming through. I know it's no big deal, but I will unsubscribe from the=20
list next time this happens, as I have other, often work-related, emails=20
coming to this box. I won't make any more fuss about it, one way or anoth=
er.=20
My two cents, and probably my last, so thanks for those years I've been o=
n=20
the list, and to the friends and acquaintances I've had the good fortune =
to=20
encounter. Adios.