[Shaku] Advice on selling a couple of instruments?

From: romy@romyb.com
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 21:45:58 PDT

Hi, group. I've been signed on with this bunch for a few months, but
haven't posted much; nor do I really have much to do with shakuhachi. I
do, however, make and play bamboo flutes for a living, having done so
exclusively for twenty years.

A friend has given me two shakuhachi to sell, and I'm unsure about the
best place to begin. Ebay doesn't seem to be much of an outlet for
quality instruments. Any advice on this?

One of the instruments was made by Tom Deaver, and my friend paid $3,300
for it. The other is by a maker we haven't identified, but the maker's
mark translates as "Sword-Water," I've been told. I have some good photos
of the Deaver instrument, and will soon take pics of the other.

Sorry if this notice is perceived as crassly commercial; I really just
need some help getting plugged into the right channels to shop these
around, and don't mean to subject y'all to a sales pitch!

Thanks, group...

Romy Benton
romy@romyb.com