[Shaku] SLANT's ArchipelaGo!

From: Perry Yung (yungflutes@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Dec 02 2004 - 09:37:17 PST

Hi All,
 Hope you're off to a great start for the holidays.

 If you are in NYC or the surrounding area and are
interested in spending an entertaining evening of
laughter and tears, check out our show ArchipelaGo!
It's a kaleidescope of puppetry, contemporary dance,
live music and story telling of our families' island
origins.

 My personal story involves the tale of my great
grandfather who spent many months on Angel Island's
immigration center waiting for entry into the US. It
is told through a staged DYI television show for kids
where a PVC shakuhachi is made in front of a live
audience while history lessons are learned. The
shakuhachi becomes the portal to the past where an
ancestor plays a root end hocchiku. I think many or
you on the list will find the harmonic overtones
between a PVC shakuhachi and hocchiku particulary
interesting. At the same time, I'm sure some of you
will find the relationship blasphemous.

Making a guest appearance with the duet will be two
doves koro koroing when they feel like it.

 One more week for the curious ;-)

 It's running for one more weekend at La MaMa E.T.C in
NYC.

74 East 4th Street.
Wed -Sun 8pm
Sunday Mat at 2:30pm
Box Office (212) 475-7710

http://www.lamama.org
http://www.slantperformancegroup.com/whatsnew.html
for more info

Peace in the new year to all,
 Perry

=====
"He is fast becoming one of the few Americans who make and repair shakuhachi" - Ronnie Nyogetsu Seldin, Grandmaster
http://www.yungflutes.com
"Three extremely talented young Asian American men." - New York Times
http://www.slantperformancegroup.com