Re: [Shaku] Anyone in the Midwest?

From: Nicholas Pierotti (eurydice@cruzio.com)
Date: Thu Dec 09 2004 - 18:47:50 PST

--Apple-Mail-7--214380843
        charset=WINDOWS-1252;
        format=flowed

I'm down here in Lawrence, Kansas. I'm a Ji-nashi player, a modern-day=20=

Komuso, and a transplant from California, where I used to keep a place=20=

open as a Yamabushi-do. I also perform Waterfall practice, but, unlike=20=

the Sierra Nevada, where I hailed from, there are not many waterfalls=20
in Kansas...

On Dec 6, 2004, at 7:17 PM, Deana Dearry wrote:

> Both the East and West Coast's enjoy a growing Shakuhachi community,
> hopefully the "Midwest" is developing one too! Since early fall, a=20
> group of
> beginning Shakuhachi enthusiasts has been assembling at Chozen-Ji=20
> Illinois
> Betsuin Zen Temple in Chicago, IL. Sensei Michael Chikuzen Gould has=20=

> been
> traveling down from Ann Arbor, MI for a monthly group lesson with us=20=

> and we
> gather bi-weekly around those formal lessons for informal
> tooting/chatting/frustration-airing etc. with each other. We are a=20
> diverse
> group of 5-8 people on any given day and - at least on most days - we=20=

> are
> enjoying both the challenges and the rewards of learning Shakuhachi!=20=

> The
> temple recently met for their semi-annual board meeting and decided to
> commit to continuing the lessons through June of this year but they=20
> have
> been operating the program in the red and need to find 4-5 more=20
> students to
> be able to support a permanent Shakuhachi program. I was hoping a well
> placed note here might help us locate others in our area that may be
> interested in joining us. I actually live in Milwaukee, WI and can=20
> offer
> transportation to anyone reasonably near me. If you, or someone you=20
> know,
> lives in our region please let us know! You can email me for more info=20=

> or
> contact the temple directly at 773.472.3290 or email: info@ztai.org
>
> http://www.ztai.org/shakuhachi-ongoing-2004.pdf
>
> Deana Dearry
> vivawisconsin@ameritech.net

  What is morally wrong can never be advantageous, even when it enables=20=

you to make some gain that you believe to be to your advantage.

  =96 Marcus Tullius Cicero

--Apple-Mail-7--214380843
        charset=WINDOWS-1252

I'm down here in Lawrence, Kansas. I'm a Ji-nashi player, a modern-day
Komuso, and a transplant from California, where I used to keep a
place open as a Yamabushi-do. I also perform Waterfall practice, but,
unlike the Sierra Nevada, where I hailed from, there are not many
waterfalls in Kansas...

<excerpt>Both the East and West Coast's enjoy a growing Shakuhachi

=
What is morally wrong can never be advantageous, even when it enables
you to make some gain that you believe to be to your advantage.

 =96 Marcus Tullius Cicero</x-tad-bigger></bigger></fontfamily>

--Apple-Mail-7--214380843--