Re: [Shaku] re meri

From: James Jennings (jennings@megaseattle.com)
Date: Sun Dec 26 2004 - 14:59:07 PST

At 2:28 AM -0800 12/25/04, Justin . wrote:
>I'm curious, in Kinko notation, the note "re meri" -
>how are all of you playing that? Like, the pitch - how
>is it in relation to tsu?

I believe that "re meri" is a pitch half way between re and tsu -- F#
on a 1.8. If the score wants a tsu pitch, it will generally notate it
differently. My score for Shingetsu, for example, marks the re with a
circle and a ni (2) -- "circle ni no re" -- meaning you close the
first hole (leaving 2 open), play it meri, and hit the tsu pitch.

James