Re: [Shaku] Help in Understanding shakuhachi

From: Nicholas Pierotti (eurydice@cruzio.com)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2005 - 13:55:17 PST

--Apple-Mail-24--46617453
        charset=WINDOWS-1252;
        format=flowed

Is having no goal a goal?

On Jan 5, 2005, at 3:41 PM, Arnold, Kenneth wrote:

> Well,
> I am walking is not a goal. I am practicing zazen is not a goal. I am
> playing the shakuhachi is not a goal.
> On the other hand,
> I am walking to work, I am practicing zazen to become enlightened, I =
am
> playing the shakuhachi to get rich-all are goals.
> So the question is not whether one plays "accidentally." One only=20
> plays.
>
> Shakuhachi practice might be a goal or it might not.
>
> Yours,
> Ken Arnold

  What is morally wrong can never be advantageous, even when it enables=20=

you to make some gain that you believe to be to your advantage.

  =96 Marcus Tullius Cicero

--Apple-Mail-24--46617453
        charset=WINDOWS-1252

Is having no goal a goal?

On Jan 5, 2005, at 3:41 PM, Arnold, Kenneth wrote:

<excerpt>Well,

I am walking is not a goal. I am practicing zazen is not a goal. I am

playing the shakuhachi is not a goal.

On the other hand,

I am walking to work, I am practicing zazen to become enlightened, I am

playing the shakuhachi to get rich-all are goals.

So the question is not whether one plays "accidentally." One only
plays.

Shakuhachi practice might be a goal or it might not.

Yours,

Ken Arnold

Isn't one of the fundamentals of Zen practice not to

have a goal?

</excerpt>

Hi.=20

=
What is morally wrong can never be advantageous, even when it enables
you to make some gain that you believe to be to your advantage.

 =96 Marcus Tullius Cicero</x-tad-bigger></bigger></fontfamily>

--Apple-Mail-24--46617453--