[Shaku] Yoshio Kurahashi in San Francisco residency, February, 2005

From: Philip Gelb (phil@philipgelb.com)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2005 - 08:28:09 PST

The Bay Area Shakuhachi School is happy to present another residency
with Yoshio Kurahashi!

Yoshio Kurahashi will be returning to California for several days,
next month. Below is his schedule. Please contact me if you are
interested in signing up for a lesson or class. Concert tickets are
only available at the door, the night of the concert.

  Plenty of home cooked vegan food will be available at the lessons
and classes at my home.

Thursday February 17
location (Philip Gelb's home in Oakland)

10 am private lesson
11 am Ron Harwin
2pm Eric Kopf
3 pm private lesson
4 pm private lesson

7 pm group class topic: Beginning honkyoku piece TBA

Friday February 18
location (Philip Gelb's home in Oakland)

10 am private lesson
11 am Al Posey
2pm Lin Maxwell
3 pm private lesson
4 pm Ted Groszkiewicz

7 - 9 pm group class topic: Honkyoku TBA

Saturday February 19
(location TBA in Berkeley)
10 am private lesson
11 am Sharon Haines
2pm Eric Kopf
3 pm Adam Rycek
4 pm Karl Young

7 pm Bay Area Shakuhachi School Student Concert. Location TBA

Sunday February 20
(location TBA)

11 am - 12:30 Group Class Topic: Japanese Music Theory
2 - 3:30 pm Group Class Advanced Honkyoku Futaikan Reibo
7:30 pm
CONCERT at the Berkeley Arts Center in Live Oak Park
First set will be solo honkyoku pieces performed by Yoshio Kurahashi
Second set will be modern duet pieces featuring Kurahashi in duets
with Shoko Hikage (koto) and Philip Gelb (shakuhachi)
cost 10-15 (sliding scale)

Fees:
Private lessons 60 dollars
Group class 25 dollars
Please pay Cash only at your lesson.

Please email me (offlist) if you want to reserve a lesson or have any questions

phil

--
xoxo

Philip Gelb Bay Area Shakuhachi School vegetarian personal chef phil@philipgelb.com http://www.philipgelb.com http://www.bayareashakuhachi.com _____________________________________________