[Shaku] Bonchiku V. Hoshi recital in Kitchener

From: Windsor Viney (viney@enso.ca)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2005 - 14:30:58 PST

Hello, all.

I have today learned that Bonchiku Hoshi http://www.japanshakuhachi.com/bonchiku.html will be giving a shakuhachi recital in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada on 04 February 2005 (particulars from a link at http://mtspace.ca/).

Is any reader of this list acquainted with Bonchiku's playing or his instruments? I gather he will be available for lessons, and so I would be interested to know the view of any reader of this list -- especially anyone who might have had a lesson with him -- as to this gentleman's abilities.

Replies to the list if of general interest; otherwise, to me privately.

Regards,

Windsor Viney
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

If you understand, things are just as they are; if you do not understand, things are just as they are.