Re: [Shaku] flute travel

From: Achren Jani (acjama@utu.fi)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2005 - 13:25:31 PST

IieoOoeiI@aol.com wrote:
> let's also volunteer that it may have been designed to also serve
> as a nasty bludgeon.

Not a bad point. Perhaps the TSA is more familiar with the history and
background of the Shakuhachi than we give them credit for.

Last April I carried mine in my carry-on luggage through Tokyo -
Amsterdam - Helsinki. Nobody said a word. Then again, I also had my 2.35
shaku Iaito sword (not as carry-on). Still no questions asked. Maybe
they were all sleeping... (^-^)

--
"There are so many things a reboot will not fix!"
-Jani