Re: [Shaku] jinashi - hocciku

From: Nicholas Pierotti (eurydice@cruzio.com)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2005 - 08:33:28 PST

--Apple-Mail-1--53409806
        charset=GB2312;
        format=flowed

Try applying a little walnut oil before playing and see what that=20
does... of course I had a friend in college who was allergic to=20
walnuts...

Nick

On Jan 30, 2005, at 10:30 AM, T. M. Hoffman=A1=A1 wrote:

> No, but can advise that if you are ever playing your flute while scuba
> diving, look out for the underwater terror, sharkahachi - the aquatic=20=

> bee
> with a nasty bite.
>
> Sorry, no experience with ji-nashi flutes, but wish you well working=20=

> out
> your alergy, Theo.
>
> On a semi-related note, I have a black-lacquered 2 shaku flute that=20
> after 20
> yrs still heats up my lip within 30 seconds of tooting. Anyone with a
> suggestion other than (1) trash it, or (2) go take a flying leap at =
the
> moon?
>
> Tim

  What is morally wrong can never be advantageous, even when it enables=20=

you to make some gain that you believe to be to your advantage.

  =A8C Marcus Tullius Cicero

--Apple-Mail-1--53409806
        charset=GB2312

Try applying a little walnut oil before playing and see what that
does... of course I had a friend in college who was allergic to
walnuts...

Nick

On Jan 30, 2005, at 10:30 AM, T. M.
Hoffman<fontfamily><param>Hiragino Kaku Gothic =
Pro</param>=A1=A1</fontfamily>

<excerpt>No, but can advise that if you are ever playing your flute

----- Original Message -----=20