Re: [Shaku] Hello

From: fleece beast (fleecebeast@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2005 - 14:58:15 PST

I have been listening to a recording of Shomyo and I play nothing like
that and I feel that is what I aspire to attain: just a very fine
control of my breathe, concentration and, of course, the instrument.
Also I am a writer and since the first few days of playing years ago I
noticed that whenever I played it, I would succumb to beautiful
nightmares.
I play no other instrument except the harmonica and I cannot compare
playing shakuhachi to any other instrument. I have read quite a number
of flutists have taken to playing shakuhachi. How does this crossover
feel to the body, what is different in method of playing?

~David