Re: [Shaku] Hello

From: Doug (victor32@pacifier.com)
Date: Fri Feb 04 2005 - 13:59:47 PST

Just an observation.

Watch a building from vacant lot to the wrecking ball.

The foundation seems to take forever.
Suddenly, seemingly over night, a structure arises.
Before the first tenants, a million details to correct and refine.
It takes time but, the tenants eventually fill the building.
During its life the building is changed, refined, rearranged.
After a life time, the building fails but the foundation remains.
The building is torn down and a new one is built.

For the shakuhachi artist this time frame could be:
The first squeaky noise.
A life time of playing.

During its life no one thinks of the foundation except the building.

Doug B.
Thank you for your time.