Re: [Shaku] Hello

From: JASON CASTNER (jchanwagenki@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Feb 05 2005 - 13:13:18 PST

JASON CASTNER WROTE:

if you dont like to play scales, then play whatever
your heart desires. i think that playing your flute
to make others happy is not as good as playing your
flute to make yourself happy and if others listen and
like it then thats cool too. i think the most
important thing is to just play your flute and not
worry about exercises. just play play play. if you
cant just play for a long time then probabaly the
flute isnt for you. i could make a flute with no
finger holes and still amuse myself for hours on one
note. so the flute is definetely for me... dont try
and sound like another flute player, just try and
sound like yourself as best as you can. feel inner
emotion strong so that your spine tingles and let it
out the flute... or feel nothing but play and let
your body go on auto pilot. .... these techniques
work best for me.. to practice playing on auto pilot
i used to read interesting articles on the internet
and play my flute at the same time. or listen to
someones conversation and play background music for
them at the same time.