[Shaku] Yoshio Kurahashi bay area visit updated

From: Philip Gelb (phil@philipgelb.com)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2005 - 06:52:59 PST

Hello

There are still 2 lesson times with Yoshio available on the thursday
and saturday afternoons. These will fill up very soon so if you want
it, get with me shortly. I need to recieve money for Yoshio's lessons
very soon.

9 students will be taking part in the student concert and there is
room for more. Everyone is encouraged to take part!!

Below is Yoshio's schedule
Thursday February 17
location (Philip Gelb's home in Oakland)

10 am Ron Nelson
11 am Ron Harwin
2pm Eric Kopf
3 pm lesson available
4 pm Andrew Marrach

7 pm group class topic: Beginning honkyoku (Murasaki Reibo)

Friday February 18
location (Philip Gelb's home in Oakland)

10 am lesson available
11 am Seth Pfeifer
2pm Lin Maxwell
3 pm Brian Krassa
4 pm Ted Groszkiewicz

7 - 9 pm group class topic: Japanese music theory (all levels)

Saturday February 19
(location Philip Gelb's home in Oakland)
10 am Barry Levy
11 am Sharon Haines
2pm lesson available
3 pm Adam Rycek
4 pm Karl Young

7 pm Bay Area Shakuhachi School Student Concert. Location Piedmont
yoga studio in Oakland (thank you Lin Maxwell!)

Sunday February 20
(location TBA)

noon - 1:45 Group Class Topic: intermediate honkyoku Shishi (Kimpu ryu)
2 - 3:45 pm Group Class Advanced Honkyoku Futaikan Reibo

7:30 pm
CONCERT (PLEASE TELL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT THIS TO HELP BRING AN AUDIENCE)
Berkeley Arts Center in Live Oak Park
First set will be solo honkyoku pieces performed by Yoshio Kurahashi
Second set will be modern duet pieces featuring Kurahashi in duets
with Shoko Hikage (koto) and Philip Gelb (shakuhachi)
cost 10-15 (sliding scale)

Fees:
Private lessons 60 dollars
Group class 25 dollars
Pay Cash only to Philip Gelb before the residency or at the latest
time, at your lesson or class.
concert 10-15 dollars to be paid at the door on the night of the concert.

best wishes

phil

--
xoxo