Re: [Shaku] WIERD (The Crack Epilogue)

From: Perry Yung (yungflutes@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2005 - 19:59:38 PST

Hey David,

> I'll go admit myself now,
> David

When they let you out, you might want to take a look
at my BLOG, I just did a bunch of repairs with a
method I think almost anyone can do. All you need is
20 lbs fishing line, a C clamp, a pair of pliers and
an Exacto knife (or razor). I go over the procedure on
my blog if anyone is interested.
http://www.yungflutes.com/log

Learning how to bind your own flute can be a good
thing especially if you have a hairline crack you
don't want to get bigger.

I think everyone who owns a shakuhachi should learn
how to do a simple binding. It's sort of like changing
the oil in your car, it doesn't take much and you
could avoid paying Jiffy Lube a lot of $$$.

Happy dreams,
Perry

=====
"He is fast becoming one of the few Americans who make and repair shakuhachi" - Ronnie Nyogetsu Seldin, Grandmaster
http://www.yungflutes.com
"Three extremely talented young Asian American men." - New York Times
http://www.slantperformancegroup.com