Re: [Shaku] WIERD (The Crack Epilogue)

From: Ron Hamady (rhamfilm@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2005 - 11:24:43 PST

--0-484003684-1107890683=:31878

Hi Nichoas, I'd be interested to see the "haunted" flute. Any pictures of it? Ron Hamady

Nicholas Pierotti <eurydice@cruzio.com> wrote:Tell me the details of this flute. What size is it? Is it one piece?
Two piece? Bound? Unbound? Jinashi?

The reason I ask, is I live with some strange flutes myself. In fact,
my neighbors (and my daughter) often ask what tune I was playing when I
have not been playing at all. Sometimes when I am sitting by myself I
can hear a shakuhachi playing in the distance, and my daughter tells me
the same. We travel a lot, and I find it hard to believe there are so
many players. For instance now, I am in Kansas.

So there you go. Either my flutes are haunted, or else I am shadowed by
ghostly players.

Go figure. But let me know where you plan to admit yourself. Any place
that takes shakuhachi players can't be all bad.

Nick

http://mail.yahoo.com
--0-484003684-1107890683=:31878

<DIV>Hi Nichoas, I'd be interested to see the "haunted" flute. Any pictures of it? Ron Hamady<BR><BR><B><I>Nicholas Pierotti &lt;eurydice@cruzio.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">Tell me the details of this flute. What size is it? Is it one piece? <BR>Two piece? Bound? Unbound? Jinashi?<BR><BR>The reason I ask, is I live with some strange flutes myself. In fact, <BR>my neighbors (and my daughter) often ask what tune I was playing when I <BR>have not been playing at all. Sometimes when I am sitting by myself I <BR>can hear a shakuhachi playing in the distance, and my daughter tells me <BR>the same. We travel a lot, and I find it hard to believe there are so <BR>many players. For instance now, I am in Kansas.<BR><BR>So there you go. Either my flutes are haunted, or else I am shadowed by <BR>ghostly players.<BR><BR>Go figure. But let me know where you plan to admit yourself. Any place <BR>that takes shakuhachi players can't be all bad.<BR><BR>Nick<BR><BR><BR>On Feb 7, 2005, at 9:21 PM, fleece beast wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; Alright,<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; The night be!
 fore last
 I found a small crack in my flute and felt sad,<BR>&gt; worried and yet, calm because I try not to fly off the handle about<BR>&gt; things. I decided to keep a rational mind and just go to sleep.<BR>&gt; I emailed the list on what should I do concerning the crack, but had<BR>&gt; not looked at the crack since the night. This is just a mere hours- it<BR>&gt; was late when I went to bed.<BR>&gt; I gathered your fine advice and when I got home this afternoon, looked<BR>&gt; at my shakuhachi, prepared to feel that low blue feeling when I see<BR>&gt; the crack, but you know what?<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; IT"S GONE. Not a trace.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; It's possible I'm going crazy, but I'll lay something on you even more<BR>&gt; that will discredit my sanity: When I began playing this shakuhachi<BR>&gt; years ago in Jersey City, my friends would complain the day after of<BR>&gt; strange dreams and nightmares. We had come to the conclusion that the<BR>&gt; shakuhachi was cursed.<BR>&gt; I have no!
 t played
 this instrument in many years and was recently<BR>&gt; reunited with it. The owner had told me that it's energy had become<BR>&gt; strange and would probably have a reverse effect on the West Coast. I<BR>&gt; have been playing it for about a month now and am loving my current<BR>&gt; dreams: Falling off bridges, running for my life and surviving and<BR>&gt; rats in the cubbards of the basement where I live. There is something<BR>&gt; to this particular instrument and it's got a way with me as I a way<BR>&gt; with it.<BR>&gt; Thank you all for your kind advice.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; I'll go admit myself now,<BR>&gt; David<BR>&gt; _____________________________________________<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; List subscription information is at:<BR>&gt; http://communication.ucsd.edu/shaku/listsub.html>&gt;<BR><BR>_____________________________________________<BR><BR>List subscription information is
 at:<BR>
--0-484003684-1107890683=:31878--