Re: [Shaku] To scale or not to scale?

From: John Baker (jinpa19822003@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2005 - 09:31:03 PST

--- Donald Shepherd <donshep@nauticom.net> wrote:

> John Baker wrote:
>
> >I am a consumer. I bought a shakuhachi. I do with
> it
> >as I please. I do as I must at work because they
> pay
> >me. If you want to tell me what to do, give me a
> >salary and I will comply. Otherwise, leave me
> alone.
> >

> Dear Mr. Baker,
>
> If you put up a target in a shooting gallery people
> will shoot at it.
> Similarly, if you post an opinion on the internet,
> people will comment
> on it. If you didn't want comment on your opinion,
> why did you post it?
> You could have replied only to Eurydice but you
> chose to share your
> reply with the rest of us, too. We're just doing
> what you knew we would do.
>
> Don

Hi.

I want to clear the air.

I was making a general point. People on this list
write "you should", "you", "we" etc. I want to hear
personal experience not advice based on unsupported or
supported opinion.

Japan has a culture and there are positive and
negative aspects to it. I choose to see the negative.
 This is not wrong. This is not a mistake. I do not
need correction. If you (or anyone else) makes
another choice, that is one of the reactions one can
have to a culture.

In the media today they talk about PC - political
correctness. This refers to a kind of imposed
language with respect to public discouse. I find that
I am not shakuhachi PC. I don't mind. I point this
out in colorful ways and people infer that I am angry.
 That perception is in you. Its correction is on you.
 Deal with it. I don't respond to flames. I do not
make my perception your problem.

I write what occurs to me and I deal with the
response.

And in fact, the whole experience is very valuable
because it has shown me how Bush got elected (if in
fact he was elected). Public discourse is polluted,
and I did not poison the well.

Regards,

John Baker