[Shaku] Re: strange flutes

From: Bruce Jones (bjones@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2005 - 10:17:57 PST

>anyways the shak that I bought is a 1.8 with a myoan (did i spell
>that right) mouth piece. this flute is real skinny and has small
>diameter bore. It also has small finger holes. the flute comes
>apart and the male piece that slides into the female piece has a
>hole in it to correspond with the first finger hole. otherwise
>when you slide the flute together it would close the first finger
>hole. is this unusual for a flute to be designed like this.

When you say "the first finger hole" do you mean the whole closest
to the root end? Or the one closest to the blowing edge.

Not that either would be any less unusual. That's an interesting
flute design.

I'd love to see this flute, as, I imagine, would others. If you
have a way of taking digital photos please contact me and I'll help
you get them on a website so they can be shared. (Please do NOT
send them to the list!)

oh, and how does it play?

bj

-