RE: [Shaku] For me, it's honkyoku

From: Justin . (justinasia@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Feb 19 2005 - 01:52:47 PST

> In comes honkyoku - an amazingly evolved repertoire
> of what have become
> beautifully crafted compositions (even from a
> Western analytical
> perspective) - evolved specifically to take
> advantage of the
> shakuhachi's unique and infinite range of auditory
> subtlety ...

Hi Dan
I would like to ask you, and also everyone else, what
repetoire of honkyoku do you play? Kinko? Wtatsumi's
"dokyoku"? Jin Nyodo's lineage?
There is much talk of honkyoku. I wish to know which
honkyoku you all refer to. I wonder if your opinions
would refer to ALL honkyoku, or just the repetoire you
play. I personally find the different lineages quite
different.
 Justin.