[Shaku] Re: shakuhachi V1 #792

From: Greg Bartlett (icewrath@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Mar 06 2005 - 20:15:43 PST

The entire crack should be bound. It is a good idea to carefully fill
the crack with a good hardening epoxy. you may want to VERY SLIGHTLY
make the crack into a V with a razor or an exactofill it with epoxy
without getting it on the surface of the flute anywhere else and then
bind the entire crack. Do it really hard at least as hard as the binding
cord will take. Perry Yung's site has some great information abour
binding and repairs as does MOnty Levenson's.

Tung oil Linseed oil and Walnut oil all have abour the same hardening
effect but tung oil is the one with the best vapor barrier protection
when dry. You can get that at a hardware store or walmart