[Shaku] SHAKUHACHI FESTIVAL

From: JASON CASTNER (jchanwagenki@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 10 2005 - 06:35:04 PST

Hello everyone. I would like to speak about the
shakuhachi festival that happens for a few days a year
at New York City. I guess I would like to ask why it
has to be in the city when I can think of lots of
places that might be more suitable. I have 2 reasons
for saying this.

One being that I have been to NY City 7 or 8 times and
think that it blows. At the end of the day I feel so
grimy and gross from being there and after a few days
I just wanna leave and go someplace cleaner with
fresher air. The shakuhachi being what it is - well
NY city just seems like a whack place to have
shakuhachi fans gather.

Secondly NY is very expensive and a person could
easily blow alot of money just from hotel
accomadations and food not to mention the price of
attending the festival and traveling to get there.

After saying this it would seem more logical to have a
shakuhachi festival somewhere much cleaner and cheaper
and thus I would bet money that more people would
attend - People like me who have little to no money to
blow because just the simple act of surviving takes
all our money - People like me that cherish clean air,
forests all around, clean water, and everything that
NY City can't offer that is free.

So why cant the festival take place somewhere outside
of Rochester-somewhere upstate NY, somewhere that is
clean, somewhere like a state or national park. I
imagine the cost of attending such a ferstival would
be much cheaper!!! I would attend and I can think of
5 people of the top of my head that would attend.

just something to think about and sorry if anyone got
mad at me for speaking my mind.

Jason