Re: [Shaku] SHAKUHACHI FESTIVAL

From: JASON CASTNER (jchanwagenki@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 10 2005 - 13:06:04 PST

OK, I understand your point. But listen to this:
In Ithaca every year they have a grassroots festival
where 1000's of people come together for 4 days of non
stop live music and festivities. You can see and
enjoy live jamacian, blue grass, rock, all kinds of
music. they have a non stop drum circle and huge
bonfire all night every night. dance tents and food
stalls - the whole works. it cost 20 dollars a day
and camp grounds are close by with free bus
transportation to and from the festivities all 24
hours of the day. Camping is 35 dollars for 4 nights!
I spent maybe 100 dollars in four days there last
year.

Anyways that story is off subject kinda but shows what
people can accomplish for reasonable prices when they
care and are nice/kind people that dont see through
the eyes of profit all the time.

Why cant these world famous people volunteer there
time. I think less of them now after hearing that
they need first class and need to be pampered like
babies to show up at a festival that is about
something they love and have dedicated there life to.

what you said in your email is exactly what is wrong
with todays world.

sorry if you are mad at me but this is what I think.
I am only saying my thoughts on the subject.

jason