Re: [Shaku] SHAKUHACHI FESTIVAL

From: Dcammaro@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 07:16:49 PST

In defense of all teachers in every subject throughout the world; we teach even when we are not holding classes. We are often bombarded by our students, colleagues and others. We are asked a zillion questions about our subject and usually get nothing monetary for it. I've never heard of a teacher making millions.

In some countries teachers are held in high regard, while others we are persecuted (See NYC teachers versus Bloomberg et al.)

It is a shame when someone that is a teacher is held in contempt for trying to answer a question. The only answer is try being a teacher yourself.

By the way If you can read this, Thank a teacher!

Now can we move on to another topic.

Peace to all
Dominic
NYC