Re: [Shaku] SHAKUHACHI FESTIVAL

From: Peter Ross (peteross@cloudhandsmusic.com)
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 07:51:39 PST

On 3/11/05 12:42 AM, "Bill Fletcher" <bill@scienceandart.com> wrote:

> Youth is an amazing thing. Opinions actually do grow faster than
> cerebral cortex until well into our 20's.
>
> Bill
> _______________

Let me see if I understand what the big fuss is. There seems to be a guy
out there who thinks the professional shakuhachi teachers should teach for
free. Pass on their skill and know how etc for free.

I guess that could work. They could maybe even perform for free at concert
halls that don't charge rental fees. They could make their recordings at
one of the many free recording studios. Get free engineers, free mixing and
mastering. Free art work, distribution and of course thousands of free CD's
that they could then sell to the public for free.

Maybe this could work. As everyone knows the professional shakuhachi
masters like Kurohashi and Riley Lee recording artist etc. and like Riley
and John Neptune etc. All have wife and kids who don't wear clothes or live
in a house, eat food or go to college etc.

They just get everything for free. It's wonderful.

Since I'm on a roll let's jump ahead to the future. Suppose our boy wonder
here, our genius, God forbid needs brain surgery someday, maybe he can get a
free operation from a brain surgeon who offers his skill and knowledge for
free because he and his family just don't need the money. Why? Well maybe
the brain surgeon makes a good living on the side as a SHAKUHACHI TEACHER!

Works for me.

Peter