Re: [Shaku] shakuhachi

From: Frederick Court (fwrcourt@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 10:09:48 PST

I bought a CD
"Komuso" recently, by Ronnie Nyogetsu Seldon.

It is very beautiful and the cover notes show the deep
integrity of the player.

I feel some graciousness of apology needs expression
from what I have read on this list.

Because I read the personal comments directed at the
player on the CD I have listened to recently.

I may post again when I have practiced a great deal
more.

Thanks for allowing me the participation in this list.
It is a great resource.

If anyone can direct to me to textual references re
traditions of Zen schools associated with Shakuhachi I
would be very interested.
Even poems by Japanese masters through out the ages
associated with flute playing of any type.

Thanks