Re: [Shaku]

From: John Baker (jinpa19822003@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 12:53:11 PST

--- JASON CASTNER <jchanwagenki@yahoo.com> wrote:

I just spoke my mind and thought that was
> ok to do. guess not.

Hi.

I try to have a tough skin on the web. I am a turtle
or armadillo. I think others have a tender skin.
They are babies who bruise easily. So I try be tough
enough to read what they say and reply kindly.

I have received some rough replies and I try to ignore
them. If I cannot ignore them, I compose my pointed
retort and then delete it.

I have my moments of pushing buttons on purpose. And
then there are the buttons I push by accident.

I have never regretted not sending something on this
list. All my deleted smart aleck replies are private
to me, and I have not had to apologize for hurting
anyone.

It was a little difficult to learn this. I thought I
could be as rough as I wanted on this list. Not so.
People cannot hear the tone I would use were I
speaking the words or see my smirk -- both would show
that I do not take myself seriously, so why should
you. They only have my words and their associations.
I do not know what I may stir up out there.

Jason, don't be hurt and don't stop posting. Become
an armadillo. Your directness has been very
refreshing. But your words have power. Use that
power well.

Regards,

John Baker