[Shaku] Komoso

From: Justin . (justinasia@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Mar 13 2005 - 02:19:23 PST

--- stan <b@didgethings.co.uk> wrote:
> The Komuso played their flutes freely. People
> accepted that gift and gave alms freely according to
> their own abilities. The Komuso accepted the gift
> and continued to give more.
>
> Maybe we can learn something here.

Hi Stan
Have you tried that?
I have played shakuhachi as a beggar on the streets of
Japan. It's okay. Sometimes it's rough. Sometimes
people appreciate you. Sometimes the police move you
on. Sometimes the drunks come. That can be nice, or
not so nice too. There are ups and downs. It can be
hard too. Sometimes one might feel unwelcome, unwanted
even. It can be hard you know. Okay, I'm young. But
had I a wife, and children to support, I'm not sure I
would want to live like that. There is something to be
said about a regular job. About a steady income. About
a respectable place in society. Really. A beggar's
life is not always so easy. And you have to think
about your family too.
 Just my 2 cents worth.
 Love to all
 Justin.