Re: [Shaku] Utaguchi

From: JASON CASTNER (jchanwagenki@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 15 2005 - 14:22:32 PST

when I make flutes I dont do inlays and it works good.
 I try to keep the mouthpiece opening round when you
look into it. And have a good crescent moon shape for
the blow edge. Cut with a sharp nice saw exactly
right and you will almost have that. Then sand and
perhaps use small files to make it perfect. Start
with a more coarse sandpaper then work up to 600 or
800 grit sandpaper - wow it will look beatiful. try
sanding with sandpaper, rubbing oil in, let it sit
overnight, then sand with next higher grade sandpaper
and so forth...... experiment...

p.s. I'm no expert just play around alot.

jason.