Re: [Shaku] RE: shakuhachi V1 #803

From: John Stromnes (pinewind@centurytel.net)
Date: Thu Mar 17 2005 - 14:47:42 PST

Wow! Two bows and Gassho! to Mr. Ross. An expressive and articulate sum of
what (I believe) most of us feel entering the Shakuhachi. I especially
like the part about not playing at all _ nada, Mu, emptyness _ in the
natural world. A very koan-like experience, e.g., 'If you have a staff, I
will give you a staff. If you have no staff, I will take it from you.''
(Basho).
John in Polson