[Shaku] Shakuhachi concerto world premier

From: Riley Lee (riley@rileylee.net)
Date: Sat Apr 02 2005 - 12:20:13 PST

--Apple-Mail-2-1022027029
        charset=ISO-8859-1;
        format=flowed

Hello shakuhachi people.

FYI, I will be premiering a shakuhachi concerto, "The Heart of the=20
Night", with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra this week, 7, 8 and 9=20
April 2005.

The following was copied from the website of ABC Classic FM (92.9fm):

> 7 April Thursday
> 8.00pm IN PERFORMANCE
> Melbourne Symphony Orchestra
>
> Direct broadcast from Hamer Hall, the Arts Centre, Melbourne,=20
> introduced by Colin Fox
> Riley Lee, shakuhachi
> Hiroyuki Iwaki, conductor
> Reich Three Movements for Orchestra
> Ross Edwards The Heart of the Night (World premiere)
> Saint-Sa=EBns Symphony No 3 in C minor, Op 78 (Organ)
>
> This live broadcast from Melbourne's Hamer Hall features the world=20
> premiere of Ross Edwards' new work for shakuhachi and orchestra, The=20=

> Heart of the Night. The fruit of 10 years of collaboration between the=20=

> composer and shakuhachi master Riley Lee, Edwards describes this work=20=

> as consistent with his other meditative works, and very much in=20
> keeping with the Japanese Honkyoku tradition of shakuhachi music. This=20=

> still centre of night-time contemplation is flanked by the lively=20
> Reich Three Movements for Orchestra and the grand gestures of=20
> Sait-Saens'Symphony No.3 in C minor (Organ).

Apparently, this broadcast will also be broadcast on the internet,=20
during or after the live broadcast. Details are at:
http://abc.net.au/classic/newmusic/

So, technically, it may be possible to hear the broadcast after the=20
event, and outside of Australia too.

Best regards, Riley

Sound of Bamboo
PO Box 939, Manly NSW 1655, Australia
tel. +612 9976 6904 fax +612 9976 6905
mobile +612 414 626 453
www.rileylee.net

--Apple-Mail-2-1022027029
        charset=ISO-8859-1

Hello shakuhachi people.

FYI, I will be premiering a shakuhachi concerto, "The Heart of the
Night", with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra this week, 7, 8 and 9
April 2005.

The following was copied from the website of ABC Classic FM (92.9fm):

<excerpt>

7 April Thursday

8.00pm IN PERFORMANCE

[...]

</excerpt>

http://abc.net.au/classic/newmusic/=20

So, technically, it may be possible to hear the broadcast after the
event, and outside of Australia too.

Best regards, Riley

Sound of Bamboo

PO Box 939, Manly NSW 1655, Australia