Re: [Shaku] Tsuru no Sugomori

From: Alcvin Ramos (ramos@dccnet.com)
Date: Tue May 10 2005 - 11:08:15 PDT

HI Justin,

> Wow that's great that you have the notation. I'm not
> sure about the internet thing. I'm kind of homeless
> and on the constant move. But I am seeing a teacher
> here inthe UK, and he will teach me his version of the
> piece.

Who are you studying with?

> I had just wanted to do my homework before he
> taught me, to make the most of the lessons (as they're
> quite expensive. As for the notation you have, is
> there a chance you could scan it and email it to me?

Sure. No problem.

> Are there any things in it that you think I wouldn't
> be able to work out from the notation and listening to
> the LP, such as peculiar fingering or something?

There are several difficult fingerings I think, but look through the
notation and let me know what you understand and what you don't.

> The
> online going through it does sound nice though. Is
> that expensive?

Other than the equipment and software, I just ask a regular fee of $50
per lesson which can be sent to me in the form of a cheque of money
order.

> Anyway, perhaps I could figure it out
> by myself?
> Thanks again Alcvin. It would be nice to meet up some
> time. Now that I'm in Enlgland, do let me know if
> you're ever coming through. If I do get a place to
> live you'd be welcome.

Thanks for your hospitality.

Best wishes and luck with learning Tsuru no Sugomori,

Alcvin