[Shaku] Re: shakuhachi V1 #850

From: Greg Bartlett (icewrath@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue May 10 2005 - 20:28:13 PDT

In my last entry I implied that the three years was the minimum as I was
traditionally educated. One of my shakuhachi friends reminded me that
many moderm makers only dry the pieces for two weeks after the
"cooking". The thing is if something works for you then use it.
Tradition is great and how we all learn but to deny progress is a bad
thing so if you have the luxury of trying many different techniques find
the one that works for you and see if the works of art you make survive
the test of time.

Have a great day everyone
Greg Bartlett

www.bigrockflutes.com